Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Packing Up

Originally, I thought we would be experiencing extremely hot Hot HOT weather like we did in on our honeymoon in Morocco.  Temps there soared well above 120 degrees Fahrenheit.  (I remember it getting to 140 in Meknes, but Susan says I'm exaggerating.)  It was a baking heat, the kind where you look around twice just to make sure that you're not in an over with a tray of gingerbread.  We constantly drank liters of water and sweat all of the bad stuff out of our pores that I still, to this day, consider myself fully detoxified.  But looking up the average temperatures and the extended forecasts for all of the major cities that we will be visiting, Susan and I both found that it will be more reasonable.  Most places are listed from the high 70's to the mid 90's.  No baking ovens, hopefully.

But as Susan and I started packing at midnight last night (I know, I know...) we really needed to take this into account.  Shorts or pants?  Jackets?  Umbrellas?  Which shoes will be comfortable walking shoes and which shoes will allow me to blend in better.  (Susan has a proven theory that you can tell which nationality a person is by looking at their shoes.  We've played the game many a time at airports.)  There are a lot of questions that I need to have the answers to in order to prepare for the weather.



Because we're only taking backpacks on this trip, we have to consider the weight, the volume, the practicality, and the fashion of each item.

No comments:

Post a Comment